NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Muncie Public transportation Corporation (MPTC) will be conducting a public hearing to discuss possible service changes to Muncie Indiana Transit System (MITS).
1. The public hearing will take place on Thursday, March, 10 at 8:30 am and another meeting at 4:00 pm. The meeting will be held at the Dr. J.B. Black Jr. Meeting and Training Facility, 1400 East Seymour Street, Muncie, Indiana.
2. The following service changes will be discussed:
- Reduce route #10 from Heekin Park from every 60 minutes to every 90 minutes. Starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5:00 pm Monday-Friday. Route #17 will promptly follow at 8:30 am
- Add route #17 every 90 minutes from 8:30 am-4:00 pm Monday-Friday, route #7 will promptly follow at 9:00 am
- Reduce route #7 from East Jackson from every 60 minutes to every 90 minutes. Starting at 9:00 am and ending at 5:30 pm Monday-Friday
3. This is an open forum. All attendees both, businesses and individuals will be able to safely voice their opinion on the changes with respect to social, environmental, and economic integrity. Both oral and written expressions recommendations will be considered.
4. A detailed description of the changes will be available to the public at MITS administrative office located at 1300 E Seymour Street Muncie, Indiana. Persons who require an ASL interpreter please request this at least 2 days in advance of the meeting.
5. MITS bus route #8 Burlington Route will be available for those wanting to attend the hearing. The bus will leave the downtown transfer station at 8:15 am and 3:45 pm on the day of the hearing on March 10, 2022. The bus will also take riders back to the transfer station after the public hearing has adjourned.
MNI – 2/25/22 – 0005148539 hspaxlp