Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be conducted by the Muncie Public Transportation Corporation (MPTC) for the purpose of considering service modification, generally described as the following:
- The public hearing will be held on Thursday, February 16, 2023, at 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM at the Dr. J. B. Black, Jr. Meeting and Training Facility, 1400 East Seymour Street, Muncie, Indiana.
- The MPTC proposes the following service changes:
- Make permanent the reduced service hours. Specifically, service hours begin at 6:15 a.m. and end at 7:30 p.m. M-F; with no changes to the Saturday schedule.
- Add Service Route #17, Justice Center every 90 minutes from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. M-F. Making permanent the current route from Transfer to Jackson to Adams to Liberty to Hoyt to Memorial to Tillotson to the Justice Center back via Tillotson, Memorial, Hoyt, Liberty, to Jackson.
- Continue reduced service on Route #7, East Jackson from every 60 minutes to every 90 minutes from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. M-F.
- Continue reduced service on Route #10, Heekin Park from 60-minute to 90-minute service from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F. Bus to continue to Route #17 Justice Center 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
3. At the hearing, the MPTC will afford an opportunity for interested persons or agencies to be heard with respect to the social, environmental, and economic aspects of the change. Interested persons may submit orally or in writing evidence and recommendations with respect to said changes.
4. A detailed description of the change is available for public inspection at the MITS administrative office at 1300 Seymour Street, Muncie, Indiana. A description of the change is also available in an accessible format upon request. Persons with a hearing disability requiring the services of an ASL signer are asked to request this service at least 2 days in advance.
5. For those planning to use the MITS bus service to get to the hearing, the #8 Burlington Route will be available at the MITS Downtown Transfer Station to bring people to the hearing. The bus will leave the MITS Downtown Transfer Station at 8:15 AM and 4:45 PM on February 16, 2023. A bus will be available after both hearings to return to the Downtown Transfer Station. Persons requiring additional bus service for out-of-service routes should contact MITS at (765) 282-2762 extension 202 to make arrangements.
To download the official press release click here: