NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be conducted by the Muncie Public Transportation Corporation (MPTC) for the purpose of considering service changes being proposed for implementation by the Muncie Indiana Transit System (MITS), generally described as follows:
- The public hearing will be held on Thursday, July 13, 2017, at 8:30 a.m. at the Dr. J. B. Black, Jr. Meeting and Training Facility, 1400 East Seymour Street, Muncie, Indiana.
- The MPTC proposes the following service changes:
- Reduce service on Route #4, Mall from every 15 minutes to every 30 minutes. Bus to continue to Route 9, Industry Willard 7:15 a.m. to 8:45 p.m. M-F, Sat, 8:15 am to 5:45 p.m.
- Change Saturday service on Route #9 from every hour to every 30 minutes 8:15 a.m. to 6:03 p.m.
- Route #1 Ball State University to continue to Route #12, Ivy Tech, 6:15 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
M-F, Saturday 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Route #7 East Jackson to continue to Route #10, Heekin on Saturday. Route #7, Saturday 9:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Route #6, North Walnut to continue to Route #2 on Saturday Route #6 Saturday 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Change Route #14, Riverside/Rural King as follows:
- Rename to Rural King/Walmart
- Outbound via Main, Franklin, Reserve, Riverside, McKinley, Bethel, Tillotson, Purdue, Chadam, Bethel, Marleon, Woods Edge.
- Inbound via Morrison, Walmart/Lowes, Clara Lane, Bethel, McKinley, Riverside, Reserve, Washington, High
- 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., M-F, Sat 8:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Change Route #16, Walmart as follows:
- Rename to Walmart/Rural King
- Outbound existing route to Morrison/Woods Edge.
- Inbound via Woods Edge, Marleone, Bethel, Chadam, Purdue, Tillotson, Bethel, McKinley, University, Reserve, Washington, High 6:45 a.m. to 9:15 p.m., M-F, Saturday 8:15 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- At the hearing, the MPTC will afford an opportunity for interested persons or agencies to be heard with respect to the social, environmental, and economic aspects of the changes. Interested persons may submit orally or in writing evidence and recommendations with respect to said changes.
- A detailed description of the changes is available for public inspection at the MITS administrative office at 1300 Seymour Street, Muncie, Indiana. A description of the change is also available in accessible format upon request. Persons with a hearing disability requiring the services of an ASL signer are asked to request this service at least 2 days in advance.
- For those planning to use MITS bus service to get to the hearing, the #8 Burlington Route will be available at the MITS Downtown Transfer Station to bring people to the hearing. The bus will leave the MITS Downtown Transfer Station at 8:15 AM on July 13, 2017. A bus will be available after the hearings to return to the Downtown Transfer Station. ‘